Do you dream, while studying at Leiden University, of acquiring a foreign experience (in the form of studying, conducting research or completing an internship during a semester), but are you discouraged by the high costs? Maybe your special project qualifies for an MSF scholarship. See what the requirements are and make an application!
What do you have to do?
Please not that the MSF does not deal with applications to study at Leiden University or for payment of a study at Leiden University. Applications of students who are currently studying at Leiden University – and who meet all criteria – shall be dealt with.
Please note that this is not a scholarship to get into or pay for education at Leiden University. Only meant for students who already study at Leiden University and who aim to do a special project abroad (so outside the the Netherlands).
- 1. Please download the Aanvraagformulier MSF 2020-2021 (English version: Application form MSF 2020/2021)
- 2. Please fill in the form
- 3. Please check whether you have all the required documents (see below for the list of enclosures)
- 4. Send and mail the complete application package to the address provided in the application form before 15 April or 15 December.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed by the Allocation Committee. Within one month after the deadline, you will be informed whether you have been awarded or denied a scholarship. Should you’ve been awarded a scholarship, you will receive the money of the scholarship in your bank account.
What do we want in return?
In exchange for a scholarship, we ask you to send a report after having finished your project, together with some images of your stay and/or the research you conducted there.
List of enclosures that are to be submitted digitally, together with the application form:
- Explanation of the project
- Motivation letter
- Copy of your ID
- List of marks
- At least one recommendation letter