Do you dream, while studying at Leiden University, of acquiring a foreign experience (in the form of studying, conducting research or completing an internship during a semester), but are you discouraged by the high costs? Maybe your special project qualifies for an MSF scholarship. See what the requirements are and make an application!
What do you have to do?
Please note that the MSF does not deal with applications to study at Leiden University or for payment of a study at Leiden University. Only the applications of students who are currently studying at Leiden University and who aim to do a special project abroad (so abroad from the Netherlands) – and who meet all other criteria – shall be dealt with.
- Please download the Aanvraagformulier MSF 2021-2022 (English version: Application form MSF 2021-2022).
- Please fill in the form.
- Please check whether you have all the required documents (see below for the list of enclosures).
- Fill in the following Google docs form.
- Send and mail the complete application package to the address provided in the application form before 15 April or 15 December.
What happens next?
When all requirements have been met, you will receive a confirmation by email of your application. Your application will only be considered valid if you receive this confirmation email. A valid application will be assessed by the Allocation Committee. After which you will be informed as soon as possible after the deadline has passed, whether you have been awarded or denied a scholarship. Should you’ve been awarded a scholarship, you will receive the money of the scholarship in your bank account within six weeks.
What do we want in return?
In exchange for a scholarship, we ask you to send a report after having finished your project, together with some images of your stay and/or the research you conducted there.
List of enclosures that are to be submitted digitally, together with the application form:
- Explanation of the project
- Motivation letter
- List of grades
- At least one recommendation letter