Do you dream, while studying at Leiden University, of acquiring a foreign experience (in the form of studying, conducting research or completing an internship during a semester), but are you discouraged by the high costs? Maybe your special project qualifies for an MSF scholarship. See what the requirements are and make an application!
What do you have to do?
Please note that the MSF does not deal with applications to study at Leiden University or for payment of a study at Leiden University. Only the applications of students who are currently studying at Leiden University and who aim to do a special project abroad (so abroad from the Netherlands) – and who meet all other criteria – shall be dealt with.
- Please download the Application form MSF 2022-2023.
- Please fill in the form.
- Please check whether you have all the required documents (see below for the list of enclosures).
- Fill in the following Google docs form.
- Send and mail the complete application package to the address provided in the application form before 15 April or 15 November.
What happens next?
When all requirements have been met, you will receive a confirmation by email of your application. Your application will only be considered valid if you receive this confirmation email. A valid application will be assessed by the Allocation Committee. After which you will be informed as soon as possible after the deadline has passed, whether you have been awarded or denied a scholarship. Should you’ve been awarded a scholarship, you will receive the money of the scholarship in your bank account within six weeks.
What do we want in return?
In exchange for a scholarship, we ask you to send a report after having finished your project, together with some images of your stay and/or the research you conducted there.
List of enclosures that are to be submitted digitally, together with the application form:
- Explanation of the project
- Motivation letter
- List of grades
- At least one recommendation letter
In order to be able to make an application for the Minerva Scholarship Fund, you must meet a number of criteria:
- You are currently registered as a student at Leiden University (both bachelor and master students can submit an application).
- In short: International students who are studying at Leiden University may submit an application. International students who still live abroad and want to come to Leiden University may not submit an application.
- You do not need to be a member of L.S.V Minerva.
- The application pertains to an exceptional or prestigious study or research project outside of the Netherlands.
- The application cannot pertain to a project which has already begun.
- The project falls into one of the following categories: internship, study or research. PhD tracks and complete master programs are not eligible.
- Projects in the Netherlands are not allocated any scholarships.
- If your application is granted, you must write a project report with accompanying images within three months after the end of the project.
- The Allocation Committee evaluates all applications on the basis of predetermined criteria. During the evaluation process, attention is given to the relevance of the research and how it will contribute to the advancement of academic knowledge and to what extent the University or the professor connected to the project is leading.
- It is not possible to appeal against the decisions of the Allocation Committee.